Typhoon GONI (INENG) Update Number 013
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TYPHOON GONI (INENG) UPDATE NUMBER 013
Issued at: 1:45 AM PhT (17:45 GMT) Saturday 22 August 2015
Next Update: Saturday Morning, 22 August 2015
Typhoon GONI (INENG) continues to weaken while barely moving over the Balintang Channel...just to the east of Babuyan Island. Its innermost rainbands likely to pass across the Batanes Group of Islands later this morning. The WeatherPhilippines Automated Weather Station (AWS) based in Basco National Airport, Batanes (PAL) has recorded wind gusts of 133 km/hr at 10:30 PM (14:30 GMT) yesterday.
GONI will enhance the Southwest Monsoon (Hanging Habagat) bringing occasional to frequent rains with thunderstorms across Palawan incl. Calamian Group, Cuyo and Pamalican Islands, the western sections of Negros Occidental, Western Visayas, Lubang Island, Mindoro, Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, and Metro Manila today and through the weekend. Residents are advised to take precautionary measures against possible flashfloods or landslides especially during heavy downpour.
Residents and visitors along Extreme Northern Luzon, Taiwan and Ryukyus should closely monitor the development of TY GONI (INENG).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
DIRECT CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be directly affected or that are being directly affected by the hazards generated by this current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy to Extreme Rains (100 mm or more): Batanes Group of Islands, Calayan Island, Northern and Central Cagayan, Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Ilocos Provinces, and some portions of La Union - Today.
- Heavy Rains (50 mm to 100 mm): Zambales, Western Pangasinan, and the Rest of Northern Luzon (except for Isabela and Northern Aurora) - Today.
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30 mm to 50 mm): Rest of Pangasinan, Nueva Vizcaya, and other parts of Central Luzon - Today.
- Strong Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 100-130 kph): Batanes Group of Islands, Calayan Island, and the Northeasternmost part of Cagayan particularly Port Santa Ana - Today.
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Rest of Northern and Northwestern Cagayan incl. Babuyan Islands - Today.
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 1.8-2.6 m (6-8 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Extreme Northern Luzon especially the Batanes Group of Islands - beginning today through Sunday. Moderate damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Northern and Central Luzon. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 11:00 PM PhT yesterday, August 21...1500 GMT.
Classification/Name: TY GONI (INENG)
Location: Over the central part of the Balintang Channel (near 19.3N 122.4E)
About: 129 km south-southeast of Basco, Batanes...or 102 km north-northeast of Santa Ana, Cagayan
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 165 kph near the center...Gustiness: 205 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center and to the east): 100 to 300 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 948 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 600 km (Small)
Area of Damaging Winds 100 kph or more wind gusts): 130 km from the center
Past Movement: North @ 02 kph
Forecast Movement: North to North-Northeast @ 13 kph
Towards: Batanes Area
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK
TY GONI (INENG) is expected to move north to north-northeastward slowly during the next 24 hours...and shall accelerate on the remainder of the outlook period. On the forecast track, GONI shall be passing close to the east of Batanes Group on Saturday morning (Aug 22)...and shall be over the Yaeyama Islands, very near to the northeast of Ishigakijima as it exits the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) on Sunday evening (Aug 23).
TY GONI (INENG) will continue to gradually weaken throughout the outlook period. The Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 160 kph on Sunday evening (Aug 23).
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary* for this system:
SATURDAY EVENING: Moves north to north-northeastward slowly...passing very close to the east of Batanes Islands...weakens further...about 190 km northeast of Basco, Batanes [8PM AUG 22: 21.7N 123.2E @ 165kph]. Confidence Level: HIGH.
SUNDAY EVENING: Continues to move north-northeastward with increasing forward speed across the East Taiwan Sea and the Yaeyama Island Chain...exits PAR...about 88 km northeast of Ishigakijima, Japan [8PM AUG 23: 25.2N 124.7E @ 160kph]. Confidence Level: MEDIUM.
MONDAY EVENING: Accelerates further as it turns northeastward over the East China Sea, passing to the north of Ryukyu Islands...weakens into a minimal Typhoon...about 211 km north of Okinawa, Japan [8PM AUG 24: 28.4N 127.7E @ 150kph]. Confidence Level: LOW.
*Important Note: Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Time/Date: 11:00 PM PhT Fri Aug 21, 2015
Location of Eye: Near 19.4º N Lat 122.4º E Lon
Distance 1: 95 km E of Calayan Is., Cagayan
Distance 2: 133 km NE of Aparri, Cagayan
Distance 3: 168 km SSE of Itbayat, Batanes
Distance 4: 213 km NNE of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
Distance 5: 551 km NNE of Metro Manila
Issued by: David Michael V. Padua for Weather.com.ph
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|