for Sunday, 07 December 2014 [10:00 PM PhT]
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TYPHOON HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 018
Issued at: 7:30 PM PhT (11:30 GMT) Sunday 07 December 2014
Next Update: Monday Early Morning, 08 December 2014
The weakening Typhoon HAGUPIT (RUBY) is now passing over Ticao Island and Masbate City Area...turns a little bit northwesterly towards the Sibuyan Sea.
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions..
Residents and visitors along Southern Luzon and Visayas should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy to Extreme Rains (100 mm or more): Samar Provinces, Leyte, Sorsogon, Albay, Masbate, Romblon, northern portions of Capiz and Iloilo, extreme northern part of Negros Occidental and Northern Cebu - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Heavy Rains (100 mm to 150 mm): Southern part of Camarines Sur, Aklan incl. Tablas Is., rest of Capiz and Northern Iloilo, rest of northern part of Negros Occidental, northern portion of Southern Cebu, northern part of Bohol and Southern Leyte - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Rest of Bicol, Southern Quezon and rest of Visayas incl. Dinagat Is. - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Tropical Storm to Typhoon Force Winds (Gusts of 100-130 kph): Masbate, Sorsogon, Albay, Southern Camarines Sur (Rinconada), Virac, Catanduanes Area, Romblon, Northern Coastal Areas of Panay, portions of Northern Cebu incl. Bantayan Island, Leyte, and some portions of Southern Samar - today. Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Camarines Norte, Rest of Camarines Sur incl. Metro Naga, Eatern portions of Southern Quezon incl. Bondoc Peninsula, Marinduque, some portions of Northern Panay, Rest of Northern Cebu, some portions of Central Cebu incl. Cebu City, Southern Leyte, and some portions of Dinagat Islands - today. Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 1.8-2.6 m (6-8 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Western Samar, West Coast of Sorsogon-Albay-Camarines Sur including Masbate, Burias and Ticao Islands, and Romblon today. Moderate damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Rest of Visayas, Ragay Gulf, Visayan Sea and Eastern Luzon. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 5:00 PM PhT today...0900 GMT...Dec 07.
Classification/Name: TY Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Over Ticao Island...or off the northwestern coast of Masbate (near 12.4N 123.7E)
About: 15 km northeast of Masbate City, Masbate...or 95 km southeast of Burias Island
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 130 kph near the center...Gustiness: 160 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center outwards): 100 to 350 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 959 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 745 km (Medium)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 95 km from the Center
Past Movement: NW @ 09 kph
Forecast Movement: WNW @ 11 kph
Towards: Sibuyan Sea
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move west-northwestward slowly for the next 24 hours before turning westward throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, TY Hagupit (Ruby) shall pass over or very close to Marinduque on Monday afternoon...and traverse the Verde Island Passage, across Puerto Galera monday evening and Lubang Island through Tuesday morning. By Tuesday evening, the storm shall be well over the West Philippine Sea.
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to continue to weaken into a Tropical Storm (TS) throughout the outlook period as it interacts with the land masses of the southern islands of Luzon and the entrainment of cold-dry air of the Northeasterlies. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 95 kph by Tuesday afternoon.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
MONDAY AFTERNOON: Weakens into a TS as it passes very close to Marinduque...about 15 km south-southwest of Boac [2PM DEC 08: 13.3N 121.7E @ 110kph].
TUESDAY AFTERNOON: Continues losing strength while emerging over the West Philippine Sea in a westerly direction...about 265 km west-southwest of Metro Manila [2PM DEC 09: 13.7N 118.8E @ 95kph].
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON: Moving west-southwest as it exits the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR)...about 230 km north-northeast of Pagasa Island [2PM DEC 10: 13.1N 114.9E @ 85kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Sun Dec 07, 2014
Location of Center: Near 12.4º N Lat 123.7º E Lon
Distance 1: 75 km SW of Sorsogon City
Distance 2: 115 km SSE of Iriga City
Distance 3: 145 km SSE of Metro Naga
Distance 4: 155 km E of Romblon
Distance 5: 235 km SE of Boac, Marinduque
Distance 6: 325 km SE of Puerto Galera
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on TY HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|