WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TROPICAL STORM HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 021
Issued at: 2:00 PM PhT (06:00 GMT) Monday 08 December 2014
Next Update: Monday Evening, 08 December 2014
HAGUPIT (RUBY) which continues to weaken has crossed Southern Quezon this morning and is now over Tayabas Bay...strong winds are still expected in areas directly along the path of this cyclone's center.
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.
Residents and visitors along Southern and Central Luzon should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy Rains (50 mm to 100 mm): Marinduque, Mindoro, Southern Quezon incl. Polilio Is., Rizal and Eastern Laguna - today until tomorrow, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Camarines Norte, Batangas, Cavite, Western Laguna, Metro Manila, Bulacan, Bataan, Pampanga, Zambales, Tarlac, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija and Aurora - today until tomorrow, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 100-110 kph): Marinduque, Southern Quezon, Batangas incl. Lubang Island, and northern portions of Oriental and Occidental Mindoro - until early tomorrow morning, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Rest of Mindoro, Laguna and Cavite - until early tomorrow morning, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 1.8-2.6 m (6-8 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Marinduque, Southern Quezon, Batangas incl. Lubang Island, and northern portions of Oriental and Occidental Mindoro today and/or tomorrow. Moderate damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Rest of Southern Luzon Provinces. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 11:00 AM PhT today...0300 GMT...Dec 08.
Classification/Name: TS Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Over Tayabas Bay (near 13.5N 122.2E)
About: 45 km east-northeast of Boac, Marinduque...or 85 km southeast of Lucena City
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 100 kph near the center...Gustiness: 130 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near and northwest of the center): 25 to 300 mm [Slight to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 978 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 670 km (Medium)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 75 km from the Center
Past Movement: WNW @ 14 kph
Forecast Movement: WNW to West @ 13 kph
Towards: Southern Quezon-Marinduque Area
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
TS Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move west-northwest to west slowly throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, TS Hagupit (Ruby) shall move along the southern coasts of Batangas tonight...and shall emerge over the West Philippine Sea on Tuesday morning.
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to continue to weaken throughout the outlook period as it interacts with the land masses of the southern provinces of Southern Luzon and the entrainment of cold-dry air of the Northeasterlies. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 85 kph by Wednesday morning.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
TUESDAY MORNING: Weakens further as it emerges over the West Philippine Sea after traversing the southern coast of Batangas...about 45 km west-northwest of Lubang Island [8AM DEC 09: 13.9N 119.8E @ 95kph].
WEDNESDAY MORNING: Continues losing strength as it moves over the West Philippine Sea turning slightly to west...about 325 km west-northwest of Lubang Island [8AM DEC 10: 14.0N 117.2E @ 85kph].
THURSDAY MORNING: Moves west-southwest as it exits the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR)...about 300 km north of Pagasa Island [8AM DEC 11: 13.3N 113.9E @ 85kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 11:00 AM PhT Mon Dec 08, 2014
Location of Center: Near 13.5º N Lat 122.2º E Lon
Distance 1: 195 km NNW of Masbate City
Distance 2: 205 km WNW of Sorsogon City
Distance 3: 130 km WSW of Iriga City
Distance 4: 75 km SW of Ragay, Camarines Sur
Distance 5: 140 km E of Puerto Galera
Distance 6: 100 km N of Romblon
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on TS HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|