for Saturday, 06 December 2014 [3:41 AM PhT]
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
SUPER TYPHOON HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 011
Issued at: 1:30 AM PhT (17:30 GMT) Saturday 06 December 2014
Next Update: Saturday Mid-Morning, 06 December 2014
HAGUPIT (RUBY) regains Super Typhoon classification while moving in a slow-westward track across the Philippine Sea. The potential landfall area of this cyclone is along the northern part of Eastern Samar between 8PM-10PM tonight.
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon beginning Friday...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.
Residents and visitors along Southern Luzon, Visayas and Northeastern Mindanao should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy to Extreme Rains (150 mm or more): Samar Provinces, Leyte, Sorsogon, Albay, Masbate, Romblon, northern portions of Capiz and Iloilo, extreme northern part of Negros Occidental, and Northern Cebu. - tonight through Sunday afternoon (Dec 07). Read more...
- Heavy Rains (100 mm to 150 mm): Southern part of Camarines Sur, Aklan incl. Tablas Is., rest of Capiz and Iloilo, rest of northern part of Negros Occidental, northern portion of Southern Cebu, Bohol, Southern Leyte, and Dinagat and Siargao Islands. - tonight through Sunday evening (Dec 07). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Rest of Bicol, Southern Quezon, rest of Visayas, and Northeastern Mindanao. - beginning Saturday morning Dec (06) through Sunday evening (Dec 07). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Eastern Bicol, Eastern and Northern Samar - beginning Saturday morning (Dec 06). Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 4-5.5 m (13-18 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Eastern Visayas and Eastern Bicol Region beginning Saturday morning onwards. Extreme damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Surigao del Norte, Rest of Visayas, Ragay Gulf, Visayan Sea and Eastern Luzon. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 11:00 PM PhT today...1500 GMT...Dec 05.
Classification/Name: STY Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Over west-central part of the Philippine Sea (near 12.1N 128.1E)
About: 295 km east-northeast of Borongan City, Eastern Samar...or 495 km east-southeast of Legazpi City, Albay
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 220 kph near the center...Gustiness: 280 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center): 150 to 500 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 926 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 975 km (Medium)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 130 km from the Center
Past Movement: West @ 11 kph
Forecast Movement: West-Northwest slightly @ 13 kph
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
STY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move slowly west to west-northwest throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, STY Hagupit (Ruby) will be traversing the west-central part of the Philippine Sea...crossing the northern part of Samar Island by Saturday evening...and shall be over Ticao Island by Sunday morning...and passing very close to Romblon on Sunday evening.
STY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to gain a little bit of strength within the next 12 hours prior in making landfall...then afterwards, it will start to weaken anew throughout the outlook period. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds increasing to 230 kph by Saturday afternoon...and down to 175 kph on Sunday.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
SATURDAY EVENING: Makes landfall over the northeastern part of Samar Island...about 90 km east-southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar [8PM DEC 06: 12.3N 125.5E @ 215kph].
SUNDAY EVENING: Weakens further after crossing Northern Samar and Ticao Island...moving over Romblon...about 55 km east-northeast of Romblon [8PM DEC 07: 12.7N 122.8E @ 175kph].
MONDAY EVENING: Continues to weaken as it traverses Mindoro...about 45 km southwest of Puerto Galera [8PM DEC 08: 13.2N 120.7E @ 130kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 11:00 PM PhT Fri Dec 05, 2014
Location of Eye: Near 12.1º N Lat 128.1º E Lon
Distance 1: 285 km ENE of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Distance 2:385 km ESE of Catarman, Northern Samar
Distance 3: 460 km ESE of Sorsogon City
Distance 4: 460 km SE of Virac, Catanduanes
Distance 5: 560 km SE of Metro Naga
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on STY HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|