for Friday, 05 December 2014 [9:09 PM PhT]
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TYPHOON HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 010
Issued at: 7:30 PM PhT (11:30 GMT) Friday 05 December 2014
Next Update: Saturday Early Morning, 06 December 2014
Typhoon HAGUPIT (RUBY) has slowed down further while maintaining its strength over the Philippine Sea...remains a serious threat to Eastern Visayas and Bicol Region. The potential landfall area of this cyclone is along the northern part of Eastern Samar between 8PM-10PM, Saturday (Dec 06).
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon beginning Friday...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.
Residents and visitors along Southern Luzon, Visayas and Northeastern Mindanao should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy to Extreme Rains (150 mm or more): Samar Provinces, Leyte, Sorsogon, Albay, Masbate, Romblon, northern portions of Capiz and Iloilo, extreme northern part of Negros Occidental, and Northern Cebu. - beginning Friday Evening (Dec 05) through Sunday afternoon (Dec 07). Read more...
- Heavy Rains (100 mm to 150 mm): Southern part of Camarines Sur, Aklan incl. Tablas Is., rest of Capiz and Iloilo, rest of northern part of Negros Occidental, northern portion of Southern Cebu, Bohol, Southern Leyte, and Dinagat and Siargao Islands. - beginning Friday Evening (Dec 05) through Sunday evening (Dec 07). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Rest of Bicol, Southern Quezon, rest of Visayas, and Northeastern Mindanao. - beginning Saturday morning Dec (06) through Sunday evening (Dec 07). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Eastern Bicol, Eastern and Northern Samar - beginning Saturday morning (Dec 06). Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 4-5.5 m (13-18 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Eastern Visayas and Eastern Bicol Region beginning Saturday morning onwards. Extreme damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Surigao del Norte, Rest of Visayas, Ragay Gulf, Visayan Sea and Eastern Luzon. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 5:00 PM PhT today...0900 GMT...Dec 05.
Classification/Name: TY Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Over west-central part of the Philippine Sea (near 12.0N 128.7E)
About: 350 km east-northeast of Borongan City, Eastern Samar...or 560 km east-southeast of Legazpi City, Albay
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 215 kph near the center...Gustiness: 260 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center): 150 to 500 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 929 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 975 km (Medium)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 130 km from the Center
Past Movement: West-Northwest @ 10 kph
Forecast Movement: West @ 13 kph
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move slowly west to west-northwest throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, TY Hagupit (Ruby) will be traversing the west-central part of the Philippine Sea...crossing the north-central part of Samar Island by Saturday evening...and shall be over Ticao-Masbate Area by Sunday afternoon...and over the northeastern part of Mindoro Island on Monday afternoon.
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to continue losing strength throughout the outlook period as it interacts with the cool dry air of the Northeast Monsoon and increasing unfavorable, upper-level winds (aka. vertical wind shear). Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 160 kph by Sunday afternoon.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
SATURDAY AFTERNOON: Maintains its weakening phase while moving slowly generally westward approaching the coast of Eastern and Northern Samar...about 80 km northeast of Borongan City, Eastern Samar [2PM DEC 06: 12.1N 126.0E @ 205kph].
SUNDAY AFTERNOON: Weakens further after making landfall and crossing over the central-northern part of Samar...passing over Ticao Island...about 25 km north-northeast of Masbate City, Masbate [2PM DEC 07: 12.5N 123.7E @ 160kph].
MONDAY AFTERNOON: Continues to weaken as it turns to the west-northwest...making landfall anew over the northeastern part of Mindoro...about 40 km southeast of Calapan, Oriental Mindoro [2PM DEC 08: 13.1N 121.4E @ 120kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 5:00 PM PhT Fri Dec 05, 2014
Location of Eye: Near 12.0º N Lat 128.7º E Lon
Distance 1: 345 km ENE of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Distance 2:415 km ENE of Tacloban City
Distance 3: 450 km ESE of Catarman, Northern Samar
Distance 4: 520 km ESE of Sorsogon City
Distance 5: 520 km SE of Legazpi City
Issued by: David Michael V. Padua for Weather.com.ph
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on TY HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|