for Sunday, 07 December 2014 [4:37 PM PhT]
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TYPHOON HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 017
Issued at: 1:45 PM PhT (05:45 GMT) Sunday 07 December 2014
Next Update: Sunday Early Evening, 07 December 2014
Typhoon HAGUPIT (RUBY) has crossed Samar Sea this morning as it continues to lose strength... starts to resume with its west-northwest track.
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.
Residents and visitors along Southern Luzon and Visayas should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy to Extreme Rains (100 mm or more): Samar Provinces, Leyte, Sorsogon, Albay, Masbate, Romblon, northern portions of Capiz and Iloilo, extreme northern part of Negros Occidental and Northern Cebu - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Heavy Rains (100 mm to 150 mm): Southern part of Camarines Sur, Aklan incl. Tablas Is., rest of Capiz and Northern Iloilo, rest of northern part of Negros Occidental, northern portion of Southern Cebu, northern part of Bohol and Southern Leyte - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Rest of Bicol, Southern Quezon and rest of Visayas incl. Dinagat Is. - today until Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Tropical Storm to Typhoon Force Winds (Gusts of 100-130 kph): Some parts of Western Samar, Sorsogon, Masbate, Ticao and Burias Islands, Almagro and Tagapula Islands, Eastern Romblon, and Southern Albay - today. Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): the Rest of Bicol Region, Marinduque, Northern sections of Central and Western Visayas, Northern Leyte, and some portions of Samar Island - today. Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 1.8-2.6 m (6-8 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Western Samar and Masbate today. Moderate damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Rest of Visayas, Ragay Gulf, Visayan Sea and Eastern Luzon. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 11:00 AM PhT today...0300 GMT...Dec 07.
Classification/Name: TY Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Over the Samar Sea...off the southeastern coast of Masbate (near 12.1N 124.1E)
About: 55 km west-northwest of Calbayog City, Samar...or 60 km east-southeast of Masbate City, Masbate
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 150 kph near the center...Gustiness: 175 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near the center outwards): 100 to 300 mm [Heavy to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 956 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 865 km (Medium)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 120 km from the Center
Past Movement: West to WNW @ 14 kph
Forecast Movement: WNW @ 11 kph
Towards: Masbate-Ticao Island Area
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move west-northwestward slowly throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, TY Hagupit (Ruby) shall move along the Masbate-Ticao Island Area through this evening...then traverse the Sibuyan Sea on its way to Northern Mindoro and the West Philippine Sea through Tuesday morning..
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to continue to weaken throughout the outlook period as it interacts with the land masses of the southern islands of Luzon and the entrainment of cold Norhteasterly Winds...its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 95 kph by Tuesday morning.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
MONDAY MORNING: Weakens further as it traverses the Sibuyan Sea...about 45 km north-northeast of Romblon [8AM DEC 08: 13.0N 122.4E @ 120kph].
TUESDAY MORNING: Downgraded into a Tropical Storm (TS) as it emerges over the West Philippine Sea...about 45 km west of Lubang Island [8AM DEC 09: 13.8N 119.8E @ 100kph].
WEDNESDAY MORNING: Continues to weaken as it turns to the west across the West Philippine Sea...about 315 km west of Lubang Island [8AM DEC 10: 13.7N 117.3E @ 95kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 11:00 AM PhT Sun Dec 07, 2014
Location of Eye: Near 12.1º N Lat 145.1º E Lon
Distance 1: 215 km NW of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Distance 2: 135 km NNW of Ormoc City, Leyte
Distance 3: 80 km WSW of Catarman, Northern Samar
Distance 4: 90 km S of Sorsogon City
Distance 5: 120 km SSE of Legaspi City
Distance 6: 185 km SSE of Metro Naga
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on TY HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|