for Monday, 08 December 2014 [10:00 AM PhT]
WEATHER.COM.PH TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATES
TROPICAL STORM HAGUPIT (RUBY) UPDATE NUMBER 020
Issued at: 8:15 AM PhT (00:15 GMT) Monday 08 December 2014
Next Update: Monday Afternoon, 08 December 2014
HAGUPIT (RUBY) has weakened into a Tropical Storm... remains a threat to Southern Tagalog Provinces as it approaches the southern tip of Southern Quezon.
This typhoon will continue to enhance the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) - bringing mostly cloudy and windy conditions and cooler temperatures across Northern and Central Luzon...becoming more frequent with possible occasional slight to moderate rains along eastern sections of Cagayan, Isabela, Aurora, and Northern Quezon. The threat of flash floods and landslides are likely in hazard-prone areas especially along river banks and mountain slopes of the affected areas. Residents are advised to take necessary precautions.
Residents and visitors along Southern and Central Luzon should closely monitor the development of Hagupit (Ruby).
Information based on data collected by WeatherPhilippines Foundation, Inc. shall not be taken as official data. Weather information broadcasted and distributed by PAGASA remains as official data. WeatherPhilippines shall not be responsible for the private use and reliance of its weather information.
CYCLONE HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
Below are the regions or places in the Philippines that could be affected or that are being affected by the hazards generated by the current tropical cyclone.
- Heavy Rains (50 mm to 100 mm): Marinduque, Northern Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Southern Quezon incl. Polilio Is., Rizal and Eastern Laguna - today until tomorrow, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Moderate to Heavy Rains (30-50 mm): Rest of Bicol, Northern Masbate, Romblon and Tablas Islands, Batangas, Cavite, Western Laguna, Metro Manila, Bulacan and Aurora - today until tomorrow, Tuesday (Dec 09). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 100-110 kph): Burias Island, southernmost part of Southern Quezon and Marinduque - until tonight, Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Tropical Storm Force Winds (Gusts of 75-100 kph): Northern Masbate, Sorsogon, Albay, Camarines Provinces, Rest of Southern Quezon, Southeastern part of Batangas, Romblon and Tablas Islands, and Northeastern part of Oriental Mindoro - until tonight, Monday (Dec 08). Read more...
- Possible coastal storm surge flooding of 1.8-2.6 m (6-8 ft) above normal tide levels...accompanied by large and dangerous battering waves can be expected along the coastal, inland lakes and beach front areas of Burias Island, Southernmost part of Southern Quezon, and Marinduque today. Moderate damage is likely on this type of storm surge. Danger from Rip Currents or Rip Tides can be expected along the beach-front areas of Rest of Southern Luzon Provinces. (click here to know more about Storm Surge).
CURRENT CYCLONE INFORMATION
As of 5:00 AM PhT today...2100 GMT...Dec 08.
Classification/Name: TS Hagupit (Ruby)
Location: Off the northern coast of Burias Island ...or over Ragay Gulf (near 13.2N 122.9E)
About: 15 km northwest of Burias Island...or 55 km southwest of Metro Naga
Maximum Sustained Winds (10-min avg): 110 kph near the center...Gustiness: 130 kph
24 hr. Rain Accumulation (near and north of the center): 25 to 300 mm [Slight to Extreme]
Minimum Central Pressure: 974 millibars (hPa)
Size of Circulation [Convective Cloud-Based, in diameter]: 630 km (Small)
Area of Damaging Winds (95 kph or more): 85 km from the Center
Past Movement: NW @ 11 kph
Forecast Movement: WNW @ 13 kph
Towards: Southern Quezon-Marinduque Area
2-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK*
TS Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to move west-northwestward slowly throughout the outlook period. On the forecast track, TS Hagupit (Ruby) shall pass over or very close to Marinduque late Monday afternoon...proceeding to Batangas-Mindoro area through evening...and shall be over the Northern Coast of Oriental Mindoro on Monday midnight. It shall be over the West Philippine Sea on Monday morning.
TY Hagupit (Ruby) is expected to continue to weaken throughout the outlook period as it interacts with the land masses of the southern islands of Luzon and the entrainment of cold-dry air of the Northeasterlies. Advance Intensity Forecast (AIF) shows its 10-minute maximum sustained winds decreasing to 95 kph by early Wednesday morning.
The following is the 3-day forecast outlook summary for this system:
TUESDAY EARLY MORNING: Weakens further as it moves along the northern coast of Mindoro...about 30 km southeast of Lubang Island [2AM DEC 09: 13.6N 120.4E @ 100kph].
WEDNESDAY EARLY MORNING: Continues losing strength as it moves over the West Philippine Sea...about 315 km west of Lubang Island [2AM DEC 10: 13.9N 117.3E @ 95kph].
THURSDAY EARLY MORNING: Moving west-southwest as it exits the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR), weakens further...about 260 km north-northwest of Pagasa Island [2AM DEC 11: 13.3N 113.9E @ 85kph].
*Please be reminded that the Forecast Outlook changes every 6 hours, and the Day 2 and 3 Forecast Track has an average error of 100 and 250 km respectively...while the wind speed forecast error, averages 35 kph per day. Therefore, a turn to the left or right of its future track and changes in its wind speed must be anticipated from time to time.
Important Note: Please keep in mind that the above hazards summary and forecast outlook changes every 6 to 12 hrs!
Time/Date: 5:00 AM PhT Mon Dec 08, 2014
Location of Center: Near 13.2º N Lat 122.9º E Lon
Distance 1: 115 km NNW of Masbate City
Distance 2: 120 km WNW of Sorsogon City
Distance 3: 60 km WSW of Iriga City
Distance 4: 70 km S of Ragay, Camarines Sur
Distance 5: 120 km ESE of Boac, Marinduque
Distance 6: 95 kmNE of Romblon
CURRENT TRACKING MAP:
CURRENT NOAA/MTSAT-2 INFRARED (IR) SATELLITE IMAGE:
>> To know the meteorological terminologies and acronyms used on this update visit the ff:
For the complete details on TS HAGUPIT (RUBY)...go visit our website @:
:: Kindly view our site's disclaimer at:
Copyright © 2014 Typhoon2000.com All Rights Reserved
Posted by: "Typhoon2000.com (Michael V. Padua)" <T2Kstormupdates@gmail.com>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|